Monday, March 26, 2012

Flowers of the Field



Here is one of the few Mandarin songs that I learned last year; very sweet melody and beautiful words of truth that challenges my trust in God every time I sing it.

Based on Matthew 6: 25-34, it reminds me to depend not on self but on the goodness of God the Father. If I depend on self, my powers and resources are limited. Often, things look hopeless and meaningless. If I depend on God, not only is His power limitless, His heart wants to give us the best that He can give.

The question is not whether He is able to give, it is whether we are willing to just 'let go' of the worries of this life and let Him take charge instead. He already knows what holds our hearts and minds - the little worries, the big problems, the serious issues, those that seem unsolvable.

The song reminds us that He alone is sufficient. He is. There is no need to worry. Just look at the flowers of the field in all their splendour and the birds of the air that always have enough to feed on.

No comments:

Post a Comment